1. This competition is open to OCUPS Members ONLY.
2. The entry fee is $2 per submission, or $5 for three submissions maximum.
3. Captured frames from streaming video are not allowed as single image contest entries. Digital images should be emailed, not later than Sunday evening preceding the meeting, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Digital Submission Guidelines:
Please name your files in the following format: category abbreviation, a dash, first name initial, last name, image number.
For example: if your name is Babe Nemo and you are submitting three photos in the Amateur category the file names should be: AMA-BNemo1, AMA-BNemo2, and AMA-BNemo3.
Category Abbreviation Key: OPE=Open, ADV=Advanced, AMA=Amateur
File Format & Size: Please use JPG sized at 1024 x 768 (or 1024 maximum, on the longest side).
Submission Deadline: Photos should be submitted by Sunday evening prior to the club meeting. The Club is not responsible if the digital images will not project.
5. Only global (full-frame) modification of images is allowed for Advanced and Amateur categories. Global modifications are those that affect the entire image, such as cropping, saturation, white balance, levels, sharpening, and contrast. Prohibited modifications include the use of layers or tools that are applied to specific areas such as brushes, healing, cloning, etc.
6. In the event of a challenge, the original image file or slide must be made available to the Club officers at the next meeting.
7. The entrant must have captured all images underwater, unless the contest category is specified as being "topside". Aquarium, pool and tank shots are not permitted.
8. No entry or copy of image that has previously won in an OCUPS competition may be re-entered in a subsequent contest.
9. The contest theme or subject must be the focal point of the image.
10. The Contest Director may disqualify any entry for rule stretching, marine conservation issues, or out of theme or level entries.
11. Video Contest Rules:
a. Videos can be up to 30 seconds, unedited, continuous clip. As with stills, global changes are allowed.
b. Category will be the same as the still contest for the month. Everyone will be compete at the same skill level.
c. Videos may be taken on a video camera or with the video function of a digital still camera. A series of still shots is not permitted.
d. Up to two entries per month, per person.
e. Members may enter in both the video and the still competition each month.
f. Do NOT include your name in the video file name. Choose a neutral name so that the owner cannot be identified when video clips are shown for judging.
g. Do not email video files, as they are too large. Video clips can be submitted via http://wetransfer.com to . Please use 720 H264 format or just select the Vimeo/YouTube 720 HD preset format.
12. Permission to reproduce any entry for purposes of OCUPS publicity is assumed, unless otherwise specified. All ownership and rights remain with the photographer.
13. Attendance is Required: Entrants must be present at the meeting to participate in the photo contest. However, if you leave prior to the contest conclusion you my still participate, as long as you were present sometime during the meeting. If you do not plan on attending the meeting please do not enter photos.